Chocolate Banoffee Vegan Donuts
Written by Anna Awada on 18th September 2021
Makes 15-20 mini donuts | Vegan, Gluten free, Refined sugar free, Oil free
For the donuts:
- 1 cup Gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup chocolate protein powder of choice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 very ripe bananas- mashed
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or another sugar alternative)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 Banana sliced
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt or Vegan yoghurt of choice (you can also use Coconut cream)
- 1-2 tbsp Natvia powdered sweetener
- Fresh vanilla bean
- Crushed digestive biscuits
For the donuts, add the flour, cacao powder, protein powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. Mix all wet ingredients thoroughly. Add dry ingredients slowly into wet mixing throughout. Should look like cake batter consistency. Grease donut moulds with coconut oil (or ghee, butter of choice). Pour batter into moulds 2/3 full. Bake at 350F for 10-13 minutes. Let cool.
For the topping, mix the yoghurt, sweetener and fresh vanilla bean in a bowl. Spread on top cooled donuts. Sprinkle donuts with crushed biscuits and slices of fresh banana.
Optionally drizzle with agave nectar for a sweeter taste.