Vanilla Protein Crepes
Written by Anna Awada on 19th September 2021
Makes 5-6 crepes | Vegan options available, Gluten-free, Refined sugar-free
For the pancakes:
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup GF buckwheat flour
- Dash salt
- 2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs for vegan option)
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: add a sweetener of your choice (agave nectar, maple syrup or date paste) if you prefer a sweeter tasting crepe!
3 ingredient Berry Chia Pudding filling:
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt or vegan yoghurts like Almond or Coconut yoghurt
- ¼ cup mashed fresh red currants
For the filling, mix all ingredients together. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or ideally overnight.
For the pancakes, mix the dry ingredients (protein powder, almond flour, buckwheat flour and salt) and set aside. Mix the eggs, milk, and vanilla thoroughly until fluffy. Add in the dry ingredients. Heat skillet to medium heat. Add coconut oil (or ghee/vegan butter) to skillet. Pour a thin layer of batter onto a skillet, cook for 3 minutes on each side.
Add the filling into the crepes and roll them up for an incredible berrylicious breakfast!